One of the top moments from the GMAR Annual Member Meeting is always the announcement of award winners, as our members give recognition to the best of the best. Opportunities to be nominated or nominate other GMAR members for the REALTOR ® of the Year and REALTOR® Active in Politics are due by the end of May, so don’t delay in finalizing your nominations today.
The REALTOR® of the Year award honors a GMAR member for civic and association activity at the local, state, and national levels, business, and educational experience, and REALTOR® spirit.
In addition, recipients exhibit high professional competence and faithfulness to real estate principles, laws, and regulations outlined in the Code of Ethics. GMAR's annual REALTOR® of the Year award is the highest honor bestowed upon a REALTOR®. It stands for integrity, individual achievement, and perhaps the greatest compliment: recognition from peers in the real estate industry. Applicants must be a member of GMAR to be considered for the award.
The REALTOR® Active in Politics award honors a GMAR member who has contributed substantially to the REALTOR® party. Recipients are leaders in the political arena who generously provide their time and resources to further political causes that support the real estate profession.
- Members of Governmental Affairs, Political Involvement, RPAC, and Public Policy Committees.
- Members who serve the community as appointed or elected officials within their community.
- Members serving GMAR by monitoring local governmental units.
- Members serving on the Michigan REALTORS® Public Policy or RPAC or various Michigan REALTORS® task forces.
- Members serving on GMAR Board of Directors and/or Committee(s).
- Members serving as Federal Political Coordinators (FPC) to members of Congress.
- Members who have worked closely with their political party of choice, candidate campaigns, or local/state ballot issue campaigns.
- Members who make significant financial contributions to RPAC.
- Members who contribute in any political arena GMAR deems worthy of acknowledgment